WHAT DOES TAMARISK VILLAGES OFFER YOU?
In the South of France, you will find an authentic village: Cantignergues. Here, Tamarisk Villages owns various holiday homes that you can rent. Tamarisk is owned by a Dutch couple and they warmly invite you to experience the beauty of Cantignergues. But what makes this little village so special?
- A quiet and peaceful place –Time seems to have slowed down in this beautiful French village. There is no signal, no Wi-Fi access, no mass tourism. What we do have, however, is an oasis of quietness and nature, where your thoughts can wander around freely. The village is located in a valley of a protected nature reserve. At night, the sky is filled with a thousand stars. The only sounds you hear are the constant buzz of the crickets and the rush of the nearby river.
- Adventurous activities – Climbing, abseiling, cycling, canyon walking: if you think you can easily get bored here, you’re wrong! In the summer time, an outdoor instructor organizes exciting activities for young and old. Also, our team of volunteers will entertain your children a couple of times a week. If you’re looking for some place to cool down, take a dive into our beautiful pool! Or pay a visit to the Mediterranean Sea, which is only a two-hour-drive away. Historical places like Carcassonne and Minerve are also definitely worth a visit!
- Beautiful holiday homes– The authentic French houses you can rent, are built in the 18th and 19th They are completely renovated and elegantly decorated, but they still breathe a Mediterranean atmosphere. Old ceilings and wooden stoves give you a homely feeling. What’s more, the stone walls make the houses a great place to cool off on a hot summer’s day.
- A contemplative retreat – Combining physical activities and spiritual refreshment is the objective for developing this centre for relaxation. We have a Christian background and want to offer people a place to search for (more of) God, our heavenly Father. You are not obliged to, but if you want to, you are more than welcome to join us for our daily devotionals, bible readings and sung worship evenings.
- Fair prices– Our houses are not expensive at all, and also considerably larger than other holiday homes. Look at our accommodation to see the current prices.
- Getting to know each other –The village accommodates no more than 55 people. This way, there is enough opportunity for our guests to really get to know each other. For example on the little square in the village, near the meandering river, or at the BBQ. Life in Tamarisk Villages is laid back, small-scale and personal. That’s what makes your stay so special.
- Dutch owners –You are welcomed into the village by a Dutch couple. They will show you around in this wonderful place and make you feel at home immediately.
We warmly welcome you to Tamarisk Villages!